flourboy

Default Vlookup question

I have an attendance spreadsheet that i use at work. I have a worksheet
for each year. I but together a worksheet that uses vlookup to gather
all the information from the yearly attendance sheets. The problem i
have is, i am trying to put together a worksheet that will take a name
from a cell that will be manually entered and manually enter the
starting month and year and it will give the information (days worked,
absent days, and tardy days) for that month and the next consecutive 6
months. The problem i have is, i need vlookup to gather the name, then
gather the information for each month/year that is displayed. Basically
i think i need a vlookup command to look up the name, then lookup the
perspective month. No matter what i try i can not get it to pull this
information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
flourboy
flourboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26219

paul

i think you need to give u a bit moe information about how all this
information is recorded.Ie does each peron have there own worksheet,what
format are the tables etc
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"flourboy" wrote:

[...]

flourboy

the individual yearly pages look like this.

September 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10...... Total Days Absent
Tardy

Joe a t 10
1 1
Ann a a 10
2 0

The worksheet is set up by month and each persons info is inputted each
day. The whole year is setup on one worksheet.
I have no issue with the formula's on this worksheet

Next
I have put to get a summary page that looks like this:

Month/Yr Name
Name
Joe
Ann
Total Days Absent Tardy Total Days Absent
Tardy
Sept 04 21 2 1 21
1 0
Oct 04 20 0 0 20
0 0
Nov 04 22 0 1 22
1 1

Now this page is setup using vlookup for each of the cells (total days,
absent, tardy). This page works perfectly.

Now the page i am having trouble with is like so:
Name:_________________

Total Days Absent Tardy
Sept 04
Oct 04
Nov 04
Dec 04
Jan 05
Feb 05
The only cells that are to be manually entered are the persons name and
the starting month of the sequence of 6. Now the problem i am having is
get the vlookup to lookup the persons name then another to lookup the
information for the month. I basically need a vlookup inside a vlookup
i think. These commands will be done individually for the total days,
absent, and tardy columns.