StephenAccountant

Default VLOOKUP Question.

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that has multiple formula's in it. There are about 100
rows.

I know what VLOOKUP formula I need. What I want to do is on a separate
worksheet - have my VLOOUP formula search the 100 rows for particular values.
That part is easy.

In any given circumstance though, what I want my VLOOKUP formula to search
for maybe 2 values out of the 100 rows. So instead of having my second
worksheet with 100 rows of my VLOOKUP formula I only want to show my results
one cell after the other.

The way I have it now Row 50 might have a value but the other 99 don't so I
will have to scroll down the entire page in order to see everything.

How can I create this spreadsheet so that if any row out of the 100 has a
value according to my VLOOKUP formula - it puts it all nicely one after the
other for me so it is easy to view and to print.?
ScottO

It sounds like the Auto Filter will do what you want.
Click a cell in your database, then go Data/Filter/Auto Filter.
Then click on the drop-down box at the top of your VLookUp column, click custom. In the next screen
one box will say "equals", click that drop-down and select "greater than", and in the box beside it
enter a zero. Hit OK.
It sounds more complicated than it is - give it a try and see if it shows you what you want.
Rgds,
ScottO

"StephenAccountant" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I have a spreadsheet that has multiple formula's in it. There are about 100
| rows.
|
| I know what VLOOKUP formula I need. What I want to do is on a separate
| worksheet - have my VLOOUP formula search the 100 rows for particular values.
| That part is easy.
|
| In any given circumstance though, what I want my VLOOKUP formula to search
| for maybe 2 values out of the 100 rows. So instead of having my second
| worksheet with 100 rows of my VLOOKUP formula I only want to show my results
| one cell after the other.
|
| The way I have it now Row 50 might have a value but the other 99 don't so I
| will have to scroll down the entire page in order to see everything.
|
| How can I create this spreadsheet so that if any row out of the 100 has a
| value according to my VLOOKUP formula - it puts it all nicely one after the
| other for me so it is easy to view and to print.?

StephenAccountant

Thanks. Will give it a go.

"ScottO" wrote:

It sounds like the Auto Filter will do what you want.
Click a cell in your database, then go Data/Filter/Auto Filter.
Then click on the drop-down box at the top of your VLookUp column, click custom. In the next screen
one box will say "equals", click that drop-down and select "greater than", and in the box beside it
enter a zero. Hit OK.
It sounds more complicated than it is - give it a try and see if it shows you what you want.
Rgds,
ScottO

"StephenAccountant" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I have a spreadsheet that has multiple formula's in it. There are about 100
| rows.
|
| I know what VLOOKUP formula I need. What I want to do is on a separate
| worksheet - have my VLOOUP formula search the 100 rows for particular values.
| That part is easy.
|
| In any given circumstance though, what I want my VLOOKUP formula to search
| for maybe 2 values out of the 100 rows. So instead of having my second
| worksheet with 100 rows of my VLOOKUP formula I only want to show my results
| one cell after the other.
|
| The way I have it now Row 50 might have a value but the other 99 don't so I
| will have to scroll down the entire page in order to see everything.
|
| How can I create this spreadsheet so that if any row out of the 100 has a
| value according to my VLOOKUP formula - it puts it all nicely one after the
| other for me so it is easy to view and to print.?

Michael

Another method - Activate auto filter and in the column with the VLOOKUP
formulas select (NonBlanks).
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"StephenAccountant" wrote: