Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't edit Excel worksheet with picture when automating Excel

I am automating Excel from VB.Net. If I try to open an Excel file that has a
picture inserted into it, when Excel comes up I can't edit the file. The
cursor is an 'arrow', not the usual cross shape, which makes it seem like the
file is not in the right mode to be edited. Mousing anywhere on the
worksheet, either in a cell, on the picture, or in the formula box does not
do anything. If I open a simple Excel file with no picture, the file comes
up with a cross-shaped cursor and I can edit it with no problem.
Any ideas as to what might be the problem?

Thanks, Stumpiana