Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I don't want to display any controls in excel.

Hello All,

I want to do some customization in excel.when I open new or existing
excel I don't want to display any menu bars, tool bars or no other
controls.
Just I want to display plain excel file with one button like showing in
the attachment.
If I click on button I want to open 'save as' window to save the file.

Except that I don't want to display any controls in the excel sheet...

Please see the attachment.

Thanks & Regards,
Amar...

|Filename: display only button in excel..doc |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3969 |

areddy
areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28204
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480523

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Amar,

This will hd all commandbars on opening and restore on close

Option Explicit

Private mFormulaBar

Dim oCB As CommandBar
For Each oCB In Application.CommandBars
oCB.Enabled = True
Next oCB

Application.DisplayFormulaBar = mFormulaBar
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim oCB As CommandBar
For Each oCB In Application.CommandBars
oCB.Enabled = False
Next oCB

mFormulaBar = Application.DisplayFormulaBar
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False
End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

HTH

RP

"areddy" wrote in
message ...

Hello All,

I want to do some customization in excel.when I open new or existing
excel I don't want to display any menu bars, tool bars or no other
controls.
Just I want to display plain excel file with one button like showing in
the attachment.
If I click on button I want to open 'save as' window to save the file.

Except that I don't want to display any controls in the excel sheet...

Please see the attachment.

Thanks & Regards,
Amar...

|Filename: display only button in excel..doc |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3969 |

areddy
areddy's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480523

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Thanks for the fast responce.It is working fine.but in the report
want to place one button and when i click on the button it shoul
display save as window.

i need that code.how to get 'Save as' window when clicking on th
button...

Please help me on this.

thanks & Regards,
Amar...

|Filename: New Microsoft Word Document.doc
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3970

aredd
areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2820
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48052

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob Phillips has already shown a way to do this but do keep in mind
this is not a very good idea. What happens if your code / XL / the OS
/ the computer / the power crashes while you have disabled the user
interface?

How does the user restore XL to a functional state?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...

Hello All,

I want to do some customization in excel.when I open new or existing
excel I don't want to display any menu bars, tool bars or no other
controls.
Just I want to display plain excel file with one button like showing in
the attachment.
If I click on button I want to open 'save as' window to save the file.

Except that I don't want to display any controls in the excel sheet...

Please see the attachment.

Thanks & Regards,
Amar...

|Filename: display only button in excel..doc |
|Download:
http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3969 |

areddy
areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28204
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480523

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

fname = Application.GetSaveAsFileName()

that will return the fully qualified filename selected. then you need to
use

Activeworkbook.SaveAs fName

See help for additional argument options for GetSaveAsFileName

Tom Ogilvy

"areddy" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

Thanks for the fast responce.It is working fine.but in the report i
want to place one button and when i click on the button it should
display save as window.

i need that code.how to get 'Save as' window when clicking on the
button...

Please help me on this.

thanks & Regards,
Amar....

|Filename: New Microsoft Word Document.doc |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3970 |

areddy
areddy's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480523

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to all,

it is working fine.i have to do some customization for that.

Regards,
Amar...

--
areddy
areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28204
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480523

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi All,

Now iam able to hide all the tool bars and menu bars controls and whil
clicking on the button iam getting the "save as" window.

Iam saving the file where ever I need. After that I copied the sam
file and i placed in the different system and I opened the excel fil
then also all controls are hiding.

But that should not happened (Added code should not execute) in othe
machine when open the excel file.

it should run in my machine only and the code should not run in th
other machine when opening the excel file.

As of now iam writing the disable code in Workbook Open function an
enable code in Workbook_BeforeClose function.

And in sheet1 button click event iam writing below code.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

fName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename()
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs fName

End Sub

This CommandButton1 should not display in other machine when I open th
copied excel file...

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,
Amar..