Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Print with paper from a specific printer-tray

Hi,
when I use Excel with VBA and record a macro to select a printer the result
is like this:

Application.ActivePrinter = "\\SWLJUNFS\Ljungby_1 on Ne03:"
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, ActivePrinter:= _
"\\SWLJUNFS\Ljungby_1 on Ne03:", Collate:=True

but I like to use the lower paper-tray. How to solve it?

Torbjörn Pettersson, Sweden

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

If you are using windows 98, it is easier to go to control panel, printers,
and make another copy of your printer. You can then set the defaults for
each copy to be different. Name one copy HP 8100 Tray 1 and the other HP
8100 Tray 2 ect depending on what your printers are. Then set and save the
appropriate printer defaults for each one and then use
application.activeprinter to select with code the one you want.

If you are using win xp, I don't think you can have 2 copies of the same
printer installed anymore. At least I haven't figured out how to do it.
Another great advancement backwards from M.S.

With Xp if you want to program this to happen automatically, you are stuck
with the dreaded sendkeys which is not recomended, but can be made to work.
Otherwise you need users who will select the correct tray using the printer
Dialog.

If you want a sample workbook with some info on changing printer settings
using sendkeys, email me and I will send you one that should get you
started.

HTH

Ken