Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default replace text in many textfiles with vba

I've posted this question earlier this year in this group but now i'm
able to pick it up again.
I have the following question: My purpose is
A - to get a subfolder from a folder and place it in a temporary
location on my computer
B - look for a special text in the files in this subfolder, replace
this text and save this file
C - put the subfolder with modified files back to the original location
And repeat these three activities for all subfolders with files with
the text to be replaced.
(Very complex story I think, but my english is not too good to write it
better)
Can someone help me (again) with this challenge?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In short.

You should loop through the folders

For each folder you should:

create another folder in the new location
fill it with copies of the files from the original location
replace the text in the new files
delete the original files
copy the new files to the original location

solv each step at a time

--
Kaak
Kaak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7513

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks but can you help me with the code please? Maybe with the
commands i have to use. I want to get to the solution myself but i need
some help with the major commands i need for this code.

Pieros.