Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Don't Update Links

Hello Again Programmers,

I am building a report. In that report I have copied some graphs from
one workbook into another.

How do I turn off the links updating message for that particular
workbook whenever it is opened, besides going into that workbook and
inserting a code. I would rather have it encoded from the original
workbbok that creates the new workbook.

I know that this happens because the information for the graphs are in
another workbook. So I need to copy those graphs to another workbook,
turning off the links.

Thanks,
EMoe

--
EMoe
EMoe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23183

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you don't need the graphs to update then you could try just copying
them as pictures (hold down shift and you should get an "edit copy
as picture" option).

Tim

"EMoe" wrote in
message ...

Hello Again Programmers,

I am building a report. In that report I have copied some graphs
from
one workbook into another.

How do I turn off the links updating message for that particular
workbook whenever it is opened, besides going into that workbook and
inserting a code. I would rather have it encoded from the original
workbbok that creates the new workbook.

I know that this happens because the information for the graphs are
in
another workbook. So I need to copy those graphs to another
workbook,
turning off the links.

Thanks,
EMoe

--
EMoe
EMoe's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"EMoe" wrote:
I am building a report. In that report I have copied some graphs from
one workbook into another.

How do I turn off the links updating message for that particular
workbook whenever it is opened, besides going into that workbook and
inserting a code. I would rather have it encoded from the original
workbbok that creates the new workbook.

I know that this happens because the information for the graphs are in
another workbook. So I need to copy those graphs to another workbook,
turning off the links.

You could do this

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksNever
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"EMoe" wrote:

I am building a report. In that report I have copied some graphs from
one workbook into another.
How do I turn off the links updating message for that particular
workbook whenever it is opened, besides going into that workbook and
inserting a code. I would rather have it encoded from the original
workbbok that creates the new workbook.

You could do this by changing the update links property. as in

ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksNever

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim,

I tried to hold shift over the chart, and I didn't see edit as pictur
option.

When I said graphs earlier, I meant a charts. Are you talking about th
same thing?

EMo

--
EMo
EMoe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2318

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry Tim,

Disregard! I see exactly what your talking about. I'll try to see i
the macro recorder will give me a code on this function.

Thanks a bunch,
EMo

--
EMo
EMoe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2318
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47901

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes Tom, you are right. That's why it seems to be my best option is t
copy the charts as a picture as previously suggested by anothe
programmer.

Which brings me to another question. Is it possible to create a ne
workbook from a macro out of another, and in that created workboo
insert a code into a module?

Thanks for reply,
EMo