Connie Martin

Default Why is it asking to update links?

I didn't create any links in two Excel 2000 files I was working on yesterday.
But now everytime I open them they are asking if I want to update the links.
1. How do I find out what file they are supposed to be linked to?
2. How do I remove this so-called link?

Thank you
Connie Martin
Ken Wright

Did you copy anything, or cut and paste between them or between them and any
other workbooks? You may have accidentally created a link by doing that.

Bill Manville's Findlink will do just that for you:-

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
I didn't create any links in two Excel 2000 files I was working on

yesterday.
But now everytime I open them they are asking if I want to update the

links.
1. How do I find out what file they are supposed to be linked to?
2. How do I remove this so-called link?

Thank you
Connie Martin

Bill Manville

FINDLINK will indeed find where the links are if you can't, but you can
also see what the source files are via Edit / Links.

In Excel 2002 and later there is a Break Link button on that dialog
that will sever the connection.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England