Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default find % replace

Hi I was trying to replace prposed coordinates with the actual coordinates
with elevations. any ideas welcome.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use specifics. Many of us are not mind readers :)

what do you want to do?
What have you tried?
What did not work?

"amharan" wrote:

Hi I was trying to replace prposed coordinates with the actual coordinates
with elevations. any ideas welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I was trying to match these coordinate values (proposed)

-125.75 245.19 -3.8795

with these

-125.781 245.203 -3.934

numbers dosent have to exact as but the difference must be minimal as per
the example. i am new to excel so i was trying to do it manual, but i have to
replace almost 1500 points.

the first two columns are cordinates and third is elevation. we were hoping
to find out how much is the difference between the elevations.

thank you

"amharan" wrote:

Hi I was trying to replace prposed coordinates with the actual coordinates
with elevations. any ideas welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Still more...

Do you have a sheet of proposed data 500 rows by 3 columns?

and a new sheet of data of actual data set up the same way?

"amharan" wrote:

Hi I was trying to replace prposed coordinates with the actual coordinates
with elevations. any ideas welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you have a recent version of Excel you can have a formula that pulls from
a different sheet.

so if the rows are "lined up" that is that row 7 on "Propoased sheet" is the
same item as row 7 on the "actual" sheet then :

on the actual sheet in cell D7 the formula
=ProposedSheet!C7 - C7
will return the difference between your proposed and actual elevation. copy
down to all other 499 rows

"amharan" wrote:

Hi I was trying to replace prposed coordinates with the actual coordinates
with elevations. any ideas welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

minor variation in darts is 1 inch
minor variation in heart surgery is 1 mm

You need to define close enough
Excel can round to any precision you want

I am trying to help here but if you cannot define waht it is you want to do...

so is -125.75 = -125.781?
what about -125.49
what if one coordinate "matches" and the other doesn't?

What is Coordinates match and teh elevation is off by 30%

on the surface your question appears to address a scientific issue. What
about significant digits?

Think about what you are trying to do and begin a new post, i have done all
I can for you.