Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open dialog box and disabling

Hi All,

My Visual Basic application is using Excel for reporting.

I need to restrict the users of my application to open only excel file
from
the File-Open dialogue box.

Or

Is there any way to make default ‘Excel files (*.xls)’ in the File
type
combo box in the Open dialog box and disabling the Files type comb
box, so
that the users can only select excel files when they click File-Open

Please help me in this regard

--
aredd
areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2820

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

you'll want to look into the getopenfile function

"areddy" wrote:

Hi All,

My Visual Basic application is using Excel for reporting.

I need to restrict the users of my application to open only excel files
from
the File-Open dialogue box.

Or

Is there any way to make default €˜Excel files (*.xls) in the Files
type
combo box in the Open dialog box and disabling the Files type combo

areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28204
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=477443