Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default disabling Excel pop-up dialog boxes

I'd like to know how to close a spreadsheet unconditionally without incurring
a saving dialog popup box (that requires operator input). I believe it can
be done using VB, and I'd like to know how to do this; if there is a way to
manually configure Excel when I first open Excel (2003), this may also work.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no setting in Excel for this. The only approach I can think of is
to set an application level event handler (in an add-in I think) that
intercepts the Before_Close event of all workbooks and sets their Saved
property to True. Chip Pearson has a page describing application event
handlers:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"John" wrote in message
| I'd like to know how to close a spreadsheet unconditionally without
incurring
| a saving dialog popup box (that requires operator input). I believe it
can
| be done using VB, and I'd like to know how to do this; if there is a way
| manually configure Excel when I first open Excel (2003), this may also
work.
| Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try:

Application.Quit
Application.ActiveWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

HTH,
Gary Brown