Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Repost: Disabling Update Links dialog box

When i open the excel workbook, i get a dialog pop up, asking to update the
links present in the Excel workbook(as used cells refers to the underlying
macros)

I want to disable this dialog programmtically when i we Open the workbook
directly by double click or File|Open.

I know, we can set the option from Edit|Links to disable this pop-up or from
the start-up under options but want to do this programmtically.

Please help.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Workbook Open method has an optional Update Links argument.
There are four values you can apply. See the Excel VBA help file to find the
appropriate value.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Sandeep"
wrote in message
When i open the excel workbook, i get a dialog pop up, asking to update the
links present in the Excel workbook(as used cells refers to the underlying
macros)
I want to disable this dialog programmtically when i we Open the workbook
directly by double click or File|Open.
I know, we can set the option from Edit|Links to disable this pop-up or from
the start-up under options but want to do this programmtically.
Please help.
Thanks,
Sandeep
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I am not using the Workbook open method to open.
Rather we simply open the Excel Workbook from the File|Open

Thanks,
Sandeep

wrote in message
When i open the excel workbook, i get a dialog pop up, asking to update the
links present in the Excel workbook(as used cells refers to the underlying
macros)
I want to disable this dialog programmtically when i we Open the workbook
directly by double click or File|Open.
I know, we can set the option from Edit|Links to disable this pop-up or from
the start-up under options but want to do this programmtically.
Please help.
Thanks,
Sandeep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"but want to do this programmtically"???
-
Maybe: Tools | Options | Calculation (tab) and uncheck "Update remote references".