Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to add database values to a specific cell

I am building a report using DTS Packages. The data resides on a PSQL server.
What I want to do is take the results of a value in a table and put it on an
Excel spreadsheet in a specific cell. What I have found are ways of taking
information from the spreadsheet and putting it into an Access Database.

How can I go from the database to a specific cell in a spreadsheet?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I put this one line of code in my Visual Basic ActiveX Script Task, and that
is it?
That will be outstanding!!!
Thanks Tom. Thanks for the speedy reply as well.

Jef

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B9").Value = variableValue

Tom Ogilvy

"Jef S" <Jef wrote in message
I am building a report using DTS Packages. The data resides on a PSQL

server.
What I want to do is take the results of a value in a table and put it on

an
Excel spreadsheet in a specific cell. What I have found are ways of taking
information from the spreadsheet and putting it into an Access Database.

How can I go from the database to a specific cell in a spreadsheet?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What I want to do is take the results of a value in a table and put it on
an
Excel spreadsheet in a specific cell.

If you put that value from a table in a variable name VariableValue, and you
have a reference to Excel and the workbook is open, then yes, you have a
template for what you need. You might want to qualify it with your
reference to the workbook

xlbook.worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B9").Value = variableValue

Enjoy!
Tom Ogilvy

"Jef S" <Jef wrote in message
I am building a report using DTS Packages. The data resides on a PSQL

server.
What I want to do is take the results of a value in a table and put it

on
an
Excel spreadsheet in a specific cell. What I have found are ways of

taking
information from the spreadsheet and putting it into an Access

Database.

How can I go from the database to a specific cell in a spreadsheet?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you need some way from Excel of reading the value from the table, and if
it is only one value, take a look at the SQL.REQUEST function. If it is more
complex than that, search this site under topics MSQuery or ADO.
--
- K Dales