Nigel

Default Specific cell values

Hi everyone,
i need to acheive the following but i'm not sure how to do it. i have a cell
(K49), the cell needs to collect specific data from a range ( D7:D32 ) on the
same worksheet. it needs to look in the range and if the cell value is CNC,
then add the figure form the same row in column E. Example:

D E F
glass £200 26 August 05
metal £650 26 August 05
wood £300 26 August 05
CNC £1000 26 August 05

my cell value would be £1000 as it found CNC in the range in column d and
added the value in column E. ( i hope this makes sense!!)

if anypne could guide me in the right direction, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Nigel

R.VENKATARAMAN

It can be done in vba

but in spread sheet try this
type in K49
=offset(
then hit control+F)
type what:=CNC
click find next
you will get in formula bar=offset(d5
close find window
ADD in formula bar
,0,1)
hit enter

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email

Nigel wrote in message
[...]

Nigel

Thanks for replying to my question. The first option works perfectly. the
second option i think is to find a value in another cell range containing
"CNC" to which it will only work if i had a cell with CNC written in it. but
thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Kindest regards,

Nigel