R.VENKATARAMAN

It can be done in vba

but in spread sheet try this
type in K49
=offset(
then hit control+F)
type what:=CNC
click find next
you will get in formula bar=offset(d5
close find window
ADD in formula bar
,0,1)
hit enter

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email

Nigel wrote in message
Hi everyone,
i need to acheive the following but i'm not sure how to do it. i have a

cell
(K49), the cell needs to collect specific data from a range ( D7:D32 ) on

the
same worksheet. it needs to look in the range and if the cell value is

CNC,
then add the figure form the same row in column E. Example:

D E F
glass £200 26 August 05
metal £650 26 August 05
wood £300 26 August 05
CNC £1000 26 August 05

my cell value would be £1000 as it found CNC in the range in column d and
added the value in column E. ( i hope this makes sense!!)

if anypne could guide me in the right direction, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Nigel