Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DDE Commands

Where does one get a list of DDE commands for Excel?

I am in need to Add a Worksheet, Change the names of Worksheets, and change
the color of Cells via DDE.

Can anyone provide me with the need information or provide me with a link.

Thanks In advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the old xl4macro commands are the commands for DDE.

html help format:
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/Xlmacro.aspx

Either of these:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...85&Product=xlw
Macrofun.exe File Available on Online Services
xl97 (old winhelp format)

http://support.microsoft.com/default...66&Product=xlw
XL97: Macro97.exe File Available on Online Services
xl97 (old winhelp format)

Tom Ogilvy

"Newby" wrote in message
Where does one get a list of DDE commands for Excel?

I am in need to Add a Worksheet, Change the names of Worksheets, and

change
the color of Cells via DDE.

Can anyone provide me with the need information or provide me with a link.

Thanks In advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
I don't know of any DDE-Command list but from what i have read, the excel
dde commands match closely the Excel 4.0 Macro language.
- To get the help-file for the Excel 4 macro language , search Microsoft
Dowloads for the Macrofun.exe file
- build a macro similar to:

Sub testDDE()
Dim channel As String

channel = DDEInitiate("Excel", "System")

Application.DDEExecute channel, "[open(""c:\mybook.xls"",,FALSE)]"
Application.DDEExecute channel, "[workbook.insert(1)]"
Application.DDEExecute channel, "SELECT(!$A$1:$D$10, !$A$1)"
'...

Application.DDETerminate channel
End Sub

I hope this helps a bit.