Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Project: Assignment letter

I have 12 different Collateral Duty assignment letters. We have
different shops and each shop assigns a person to Primary and a
Alternate for each Collateral Duty. The letters are in WORD format, bu
I'm wondering if I can do this in excel. I have an idea for a table tha
list the 12 Collateral Duties in column A, a cell for each name of th
Primary in column B, a cell for each name of the Alternate in column C
Once someone puts all the names in this table and clicks a button
automatically the names are put on each letter and printed out.
should be able to convert each letter into excel myself. I also nee
the date changed on the letter too. The way we have it now, we have t
type in the name on each form, I just want to make it easier

--
Optitro
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2672

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In sheet 1,
let's have a1 to a12 filled up,
b1 to b9 have list validation for Primary
c1 to c9 have list validation for Alternate

A button will trigger copying a, b, and c of activerow to say d1, e1, f1
then activate sheet 2. If necessary, we can automate printout also.

In sheet 2,
put the template letter linking the required information to sheets(1)!d1 etc

"Optitron" wrote:

I have 12 different Collateral Duty assignment letters. We have 9
different shops and each shop assigns a person to Primary and an
Alternate for each Collateral Duty. The letters are in WORD format, but
I'm wondering if I can do this in excel. I have an idea for a table that
list the 12 Collateral Duties in column A, a cell for each name of the
Primary in column B, a cell for each name of the Alternate in column C.
Once someone puts all the names in this table and clicks a button,
automatically the names are put on each letter and printed out. I
should be able to convert each letter into excel myself. I also need
the date changed on the letter too. The way we have it now, we have to
type in the name on each form, I just want to make it easier.

--
Optitron
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26729
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=476008

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK, I have column A with the letter titles, those will match the sheets
Column B and C are empty right now with list validation. I'm not sur
how to link this info to sheet2 and 3. I'll name sheet2 "CC Pri" an
sheet3 is "CC Alt". I'm guessing the easiest way is to make sheet2 th
Primary and sheet3 the Alternate. The name in sheet1 columnB(Primary
needs to go to "CC Pri" cellF14 and the name in sheet
columnC(Alternate) needs to go to "CC Alt" cellF14.

PY & Associates Wrote:
In sheet 1,
let's have a1 to a12 filled up,
b1 to b9 have list validation for Primary
c1 to c9 have list validation for Alternate

A button will trigger copying a, b, and c of activerow to say d1, e1
f1
then activate sheet 2. If necessary, we can automate printout also.

In sheet 2,
put the template letter linking the required information t
sheets(1)!d1 etc

"Optitron" wrote:

I have 12 different Collateral Duty assignment letters. We have 9
different shops and each shop assigns a person to Primary and an
Alternate for each Collateral Duty. The letters are in WORD format

but
I'm wondering if I can do this in excel. I have an idea for a tabl

that
list the 12 Collateral Duties in column A, a cell for each name o

the
Primary in column B, a cell for each name of the Alternate in colum

C.
Once someone puts all the names in this table and clicks a button,
automatically the names are put on each letter and printed out. I
should be able to convert each letter into excel myself. I also need
the date changed on the letter too. The way we have it now, we hav

type in the name on each form, I just want to make it easier.

--
Optitron

Optitron's Profile

View this thread

Optitro
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2672
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47600

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tomorrow we send a sample file for you to look at.
let us have your address please.

"Optitron" wrote in
message ...

OK, I have column A with the letter titles, those will match the sheets.
Column B and C are empty right now with list validation. I'm not sure
how to link this info to sheet2 and 3. I'll name sheet2 "CC Pri" and
sheet3 is "CC Alt". I'm guessing the easiest way is to make sheet2 the
Primary and sheet3 the Alternate. The name in sheet1 columnB(Primary)
needs to go to "CC Pri" cellF14 and the name in sheet1

"Optitron" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you, but I don't need it anymore