Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error 1004: Calculate Method of Range Class Failed

I have a very short and simple macro, whose purpose is to calculate the
selected range (thereby avoiding the time it takes to calc the entire sheet).

Sub Recalc_Range()

Selection.Calculate
End Sub

I was running Excel 97, and it worked fine. Now that I have updated to
Excel XP, I get the following error message: "Calculate Method of Range Class
Failed"

I am stumped. I've tried a variety of things, like setting a range variable
equal to the current selection, then running the calculate function on that
range. Same error message. I have also read that you may get this error
message if the Range has no data. My range has data, so that is not it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dan,

Does this help?

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com

Dan Winterton wrote:
I have a very short and simple macro, whose purpose is to calculate
the selected range (thereby avoiding the time it takes to calc the
entire sheet).

Sub Recalc_Range()

Selection.Calculate
End Sub

I was running Excel 97, and it worked fine. Now that I have updated
to Excel XP, I get the following error message: "Calculate Method of
Range Class Failed"

I am stumped. I've tried a variety of things, like setting a range
variable equal to the current selection, then running the calculate
function on that range. Same error message. I have also read that
you may get this error message if the Range has no data. My range
has data, so that is not it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I meant does that fit your situation rather than error.

this provides a little more background:

Circular reference does not calculate during Range.Calculate execution in
Excel 2002

here is a less likely cause:

XL2002: You Receive an Error Message When You Use the Range.Calculate Method
to Calculate Formulas

just a general reference:

How formula calculations are performed in Excel 2002 or Excel 2003

Tom Ogilvy

"Dan Winterton" <Dan wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perfect. Thanks.