Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dan Winterton[_2_] Dan Winterton[_2_] is offline

Default Error 1004: Calculate Method of Range Class Failed

I have a very short and simple macro, whose purpose is to calculate the
selected range (thereby avoiding the time it takes to calc the entire sheet).

Sub Recalc_Range()

Selection.Calculate
End Sub

I was running Excel 97, and it worked fine. Now that I have updated to
Excel XP, I get the following error message: "Calculate Method of Range Class
Failed"

I am stumped. I've tried a variety of things, like setting a range variable
equal to the current selection, then running the calculate function on that
range. Same error message. I have also read that you may get this error
message if the Range has no data. My range has data, so that is not it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dan