Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default Error 1004: Calculate Method of Range Class Failed

Hi Dan,

Does this help?

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com

Dan Winterton wrote:
I have a very short and simple macro, whose purpose is to calculate
the selected range (thereby avoiding the time it takes to calc the
entire sheet).

Sub Recalc_Range()

Selection.Calculate
End Sub

I was running Excel 97, and it worked fine. Now that I have updated
to Excel XP, I get the following error message: "Calculate Method of
Range Class Failed"

I am stumped. I've tried a variety of things, like setting a range
variable equal to the current selection, then running the calculate
function on that range. Same error message. I have also read that
you may get this error message if the Range has no data. My range
has data, so that is not it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dan