Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change links/reference a new file

Hi,

I have a Master workbook that comprises numerous cost centre sheets. Each
month, I run a macro that copies each cost centre sheet into a new workbook.

I now have to include a summary sheet in each new cost centre workbook. The
summary sheet is also contained in the master workbook, and the formulae look
at the 'Total' sheet of the Master workbook.

The problem I face is that when I copy the summary sheet and each cost
centre sheet into new workbooks, the summary sheets continue to look at the
Master workbook Total sheet. I have tried using edit=links=change source,
but I get an error message stating the new file is not a valid reference.

I need some code to include in the original macro that will change the
reference from the Master workbook to the new workbook, but it should be
generic as the workbook has been designed for use by any unit with different
cost centres - the names of which are always different.

Please can someone offer advice? I can include some code to make things
clearer if needed.

Thanks in advance,

Ewan.