Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XLA makes XL2003 crash

Hi there

I have a problem with an XLA I have made. It works fine on most pc's
and all versions of XL (from 95 and up).
But on one computer it makes XL crash when it is loaded. My first idea
was that it might be an activeX object in the XLA, that I use. And when
I removed it, it actually worked fine.
But another stange thing is, that if I point at the XLA from the Addins
interface, the XLA loads without any problems (- everytime XL is loaded
ofcourse).

I know the IT department in the company where I have tried to install
the XLA, is very restrictive about user rights, but we cannot find out
what the problem is here.
Is there somewhere in the installation, where activeX objects are set
to "forbidden - unless used in Addins" ?

Thanks

Soren.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think there's such a setting.

And until you get a good answer, you may want to go to the problem pc.
close all running applications
clean up their windows temp folder

Windows start button|Run
%temp%

and delete everything you can.

Then test it out.

Excel uses that temp folder for lots of things. When there's lots of stuff in
that folder, excel may get confused (slow down and maybe crash????).

It shouldn't hurt anything even if it doesn't help.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the quick response. I tested it, but unfortunately it didn't
help.

Any other suggestions?

Do you think I should ask in some other group? Like a "User-rights"
group - if such exists?

Thanks

Soren

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't have any more suggestions and don't know of another group.

Sorry.

Soren wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. I tested it, but unfortunately it didn't
help.

Any other suggestions?

Do you think I should ask in some other group? Like a "User-rights"
group - if such exists?

Thanks

Soren

--

Dave Peterson

XLA makes XL2003 crash Soren[_2_] Excel Programming 0 September 26th 05 09:31 AM
Xla with activeX crash in XL2003 [email protected] Excel Programming 0 September 19th 05 02:28 PM
XL2003 Add Ins Melissa[_2_] Excel Programming 1 October 22nd 03 07:24 PM
xl2003 and VS Alex T Excel Programming 2 September 22nd 03 10:26 AM
xl2003 GUS Excel Programming 0 September 18th 03 08:16 PM