Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default XLA makes XL2003 crash

I don't think there's such a setting.

And until you get a good answer, you may want to go to the problem pc.
close all running applications
clean up their windows temp folder

Windows start button|Run
%temp%

and delete everything you can.

Then test it out.

Excel uses that temp folder for lots of things. When there's lots of stuff in
that folder, excel may get confused (slow down and maybe crash????).

It shouldn't hurt anything even if it doesn't help.

Soren wrote:

Hi there

I have a problem with an XLA I have made. It works fine on most pc's
and all versions of XL (from 95 and up).
But on one computer it makes XL crash when it is loaded. My first idea
was that it might be an activeX object in the XLA, that I use. And when
I removed it, it actually worked fine.
But another stange thing is, that if I point at the XLA from the Addins
interface, the XLA loads without any problems (- everytime XL is loaded
ofcourse).

I know the IT department in the company where I have tried to install
the XLA, is very restrictive about user rights, but we cannot find out
what the problem is here.
Is there somewhere in the installation, where activeX objects are set
to "forbidden - unless used in Addins" ?

Thanks

Soren.

--

Dave Peterson