Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ControlTipText Questions

Is it possible to change the format of the text displayed for a Control Tip?
Basically, I would like to control the font, font color, background color,
how wide the ControlTipText window is (maybe with a wordwrap-like method).
Also, I want to change the delay for how long it takes for the text to show
up. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assume you mean tooltips on menus:

Not if you use built in capabilities I wouldn't think. The text is a
property - there is no object. The format of a control tip is a windows
setting (it also affects the formatting of comments).

Tom Ogilvy

"GSpline" wrote in message
Is it possible to change the format of the text displayed for a Control

Tip?
Basically, I would like to control the font, font color, background color,
how wide the ControlTipText window is (maybe with a wordwrap-like method).
Also, I want to change the delay for how long it takes for the text to

show
up. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Think this answered my question. I have some labels & buttons that I wanted
to have ToolTips appear for but wanted to be able to change the delay for
these ToolTips to appear, as well as how these ToolTips looked.

Thanks,

Rich

"GSpline" wrote in message
Is it possible to change the format of the text displayed for a Control

Tip?
Basically, I would like to control the font, font color, background color,
how wide the ControlTipText window is (maybe with a wordwrap-like method).
Also, I want to change the delay for how long it takes for the text to

show
up. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

.. . . significantly different except that you could use the mouseover event
to put up your own control that looks like and behaves like a control tip.

The challenge would be detecting movement off the control, so I believe the
common approach is to put one control on top if a slightly larger control
and use the mouseover with a boolean flag variable to drop the simulated
control tip.

Tom Ogilvy

"GSpline" wrote in message
Is it possible to change the format of the text displayed for a

Control
Tip?
Basically, I would like to control the font, font color, background

color,
how wide the ControlTipText window is (maybe with a wordwrap-like

method).
Also, I want to change the delay for how long it takes for the text to

show
up. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This idea sounds promising, I will look into this more.

Thanks, Tom.

Rich

"GSpline" wrote in message
Is it possible to change the format of the text displayed for a

Control
Tip?
Basically, I would like to control the font, font color, background

color,
how wide the ControlTipText window is (maybe with a wordwrap-like

method).
Also, I want to change the delay for how long it takes for the text to
show
up. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Rich

Answers to questions posing more questions in a workbook sbelle1 Excel Worksheet Functions 2 August 8th 09 01:02 AM
View Questions and Answer to questions I created Roibn Taylor Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 24th 08 12:05 AM
CommandButton, ControlTipText Need to display like word wrap Jim at Eagle Excel Programming 4 March 7th 05 09:19 AM
2 Questions Michelle Excel Programming 3 August 13th 04 02:09 AM
ControlTipText style phreud[_4_] Excel Programming 0 June 9th 04 09:09 PM