Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel as a web based shipping calculator?

Hey Everyone

Has anyone ever used Excel to create a shipping calculator that can display
results in a web page? I'm asking because the current crop of calculators
don't work well for my business since I'm overseas and I have a lot of
different restrictions and requirements. I need something that's able to
look up results based on a wider range of criteria such as weight, volume,
and country limitations. Even the different types of shipping (EMS,
airmail, sea, etc) have their own calculations based on the country
receiving it.

If anyone has ever heard of this please let me know. I'm not sure if it's
even possible to use Excel in this way, but I have a feeling that creating
the calculations will be a lot more precise than what standard calculators
offer today. I'm currently weighing everything myself then using an Excel
file to calculate the prices, but that means I can't give them the
information on my site directly, they have to ask about prices for combining
different products. That also means I just have to know through experience
about what will fit in a box and what wont.

Thanks,

Eric