Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mywaters

Default How to calculate shipping costs based on subtotal

I have a list of shipping costs for instance, if a product costs between 0.00
and 10.00 shipping is $3.00, if it's between 10.01 and 20.00 shipping is
$4.00.

I've got the first part down, but I don't know how to do the rest of the
formula with the if/then and OR statements.

This is all I can get to work so far and I have to put a price range from 0
to $600.00 in so that whatever the subtotal comes out to be the shipping is
automatically calculated.

Any helf would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav

why not try vlookup witht the first column being the minimum value in
each category and the second column being the shipping amount

The values need sorting asending

0 3
10.01 4
20.01 5

if the above is a range a1:b3 and the value you want ot look up is in
c4

vlookup(c4,a1:b3)

regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mywaters

I'm still not sure I understand...

My subtotal is in E36 and based upon what number shows up in E36 I need it
to pull the number out of column J (J22 - J36)

The shipping table is set up like this:

Columns:
G H I J
$0.00 - $10.00 $3.00
$10.01 - $20.00 $4.00
$20.01 - $30.00 $5.00
$30.01 - $50.00 $6.00
$50.01 - $75.00 $8.00
$75.01 - $100.00 $10.00
$100.01 - $150.00 $14.00
$150.01 - $200.00 $18.00
$200.01 - $250.00 $22.00
$250.01 - $300.00 $26.00
$300.01 - $350.00 $30.00
$350.01 - $400.00 $34.00
$400.01 - $450.00 $38.00
$500.01 - $550.00 $42.00
$550.01 - $600.00 $50.00

(Add $4 for each add'l $50)
(Add $1.50 for handling for each picture) (Note: Pictures start with an item
code of PF or CF followed by a set of numbers)

"Dav" wrote:

why not try vlookup witht the first column being the minimum value in
each category and the second column being the shipping amount

The values need sorting asending

0 3
10.01 4
20.01 5

if the above is a range a1:b3 and the value you want ot look up is in
c4

vlookup(c4,a1:b3)

regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=539845

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav

If g12 is 0.00
G13 is 10.01

Etc

Vlkookup(e36,g22:j36,4) should work to return the value from the j
column

Regards

Dav