Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
A A is offline

Default Formula Help Needed

I need to link two separate worksheet files together. One file is an order
sheet, in which I would type a product number and I want it to lookup the
product description from another file. The other file is a two column
spreadsheet, one column with product numbers and the other with product
descriptions. What I need is a formula that will lookup the description
based on the number I type. What formula would be best for this situation?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

search help for VLookup (Hlookup)

can you combine the two sheets into one workbook - easier ,
or do you need to access the other sheet even if closed? - need VBA with
error checking and so on...

I need to link two separate worksne workbook - easier ,