Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Name a worksheet using a cell

I want to name the tab in my worksheet based on what cell A1 says. I
this possible

--
ineedhelp
ineedhelp2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2629

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

activesheet.name= range("A1").Value

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Below is some code that you might find as being a bit more versatile.
What it will do is take cell contents from column 1 and create a new sheet
with that name .. in the correct order!

_!_!!_!_!_!__!_!_!_!_!_!_!_
Public Sub CreateSheetNamesFromList()

Dim Nayme As String
Dim K As Byte
K = 1

Range("a1").Select 'this is the first cell in List

Do Until ActiveCell.Value = "" 'Loop until a blank cell is encountered
Nayme = ActiveCell.Value
Sheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Name = Nayme
Sheets(Nayme).Move After:=Sheets(K + 1)
Sheets("List").Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
K = K + 1
Loop

End Sub

--
Chris Togeretz
Ontario, Canada

"ineedhelp2" wrote:

I want to name the tab in my worksheet based on what cell A1 says. Is
this possible?

--
ineedhelp2
ineedhelp2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26298