Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I set up an if statement to move to next column each time

I am trying to make an "if" statement, I want to be alerted if the value goes
below say 30, this is a sequential spreadsheet by date, so I need the formula
to go to the next column each time....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Needtoknow,

Change the References Accordingly.

=IF(A1<30,"Below 30","")

Does this Help?.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I set up an if statement to move to next column each ti

Paul,
I am trying to try send an "ALERT" if the number of enrolled students drops
below 30, I need to have a formula that will go from column A2 through Y2,
can you show me how to get a result of ALERT if the number drops below 30 on
any of those columns, and is there a way to tell me which column is below 30
within the formula? I realize this is probably really basic, but I am just
now learning excel....thanks for your help!

"Paul Black" wrote:

Hi Needtoknow,

Change the References Accordingly.

=IF(A1<30,"Below 30","")

Does this Help?.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=if(countif("A1:Y2","<30")0,"Alert","OK")

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(29,A2:Y2,1)),"OK",MATCH(29,A2:Y2 ,1))
This assumes there are number sin A2:Y2

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul Black" wrote:

Hi Needtoknow,

Change the References Accordingly.

=IF(A1<30,"Below 30","")

Does this Help?.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Needtoknow,

What I would do is to Setup the ALERT in Conditional Formatting.
Highlight the Cells "A2:Y2".
Click Format.
Click Conditional Formatting.
Change the "between" to "less than".
Enter 30.
Click Format.
Change Font to Automatic & Bold and Background to Red.
This will Highlight Any of those Cells that Fall BELOW 30.

Hope this Helps.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
What do you mean by "send an ALERT"? email, pop-up message, display the cell
with a red background?
Also, should it show the alert when a number is entered or anytime you
request the Alerts to display?

1-Data Validation
You can use the Data Validation feeature to control the input, eg:
- select A2:Y2
- menu Data Validation, the Validation dialog pops-up
- in tab settings, enter
Allow: Decimal,
Data: AboveGreater Than or Equals To
Minimum: 30
- in the tab Input Message, enter the message to be display at data entry
time
- in tab Error Alert, the type of message if data is not valid: Stop to
force user to enter valid data, or just warning.
- click OK

2- Conditional Formating
Display a specific format depending on the value of the data
- select A2:Y2 (make sure A2 is the active cell within A2:Y2)
- menu Format Conditional Formatting, the dialog pops up
- enter:
- Cell Value is
- less than
- 30
- click the Format button and choose a red background
- click ok
click ok
Now the cells with avalue lower than 30 will display with red background.

Regards,
Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com

"Paul Black" wrote:

Hi Needtoknow,

Change the References Accordingly.

=IF(A1<30,"Below 30","")

Does this Help?.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sebastienm,

Thanks for your answer, it would be awsome if I could get it to send an
email, but for sure I am goinng to display the cell with a red background.
Can you tell me how to get it to generate an email? Thanks again!

"sebastienm" wrote:

Hi,
What do you mean by "send an ALERT"? email, pop-up message, display the cell
with a red background?
Also, should it show the alert when a number is entered or anytime you
request the Alerts to display?

1-Data Validation
You can use the Data Validation feeature to control the input, eg:
- select A2:Y2
- menu Data Validation, the Validation dialog pops-up
- in tab settings, enter
Allow: Decimal,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure about emailing someting else than the book itself.
Check at :