Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NeedToKnow NeedToKnow is offline

Default How do I set up an if statement to move to next column each ti

Paul,
I am trying to try send an "ALERT" if the number of enrolled students drops
below 30, I need to have a formula that will go from column A2 through Y2,
can you show me how to get a result of ALERT if the number drops below 30 on
any of those columns, and is there a way to tell me which column is below 30
within the formula? I realize this is probably really basic, but I am just
now learning excel....thanks for your help!

"Paul Black" wrote:

Hi Needtoknow,

Change the References Accordingly.

=IF(A1<30,"Below 30","")