-   -   How do I set up an if statement to move to next column each time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/338304-how-do-i-set-up-if-statement-move-next-column-each-time.html)

NeedToKnow

How do I set up an if statement to move to next column each time

I am trying to make an "if" statement, I want to be alerted if the value goes
below say 30, this is a sequential spreadsheet by date, so I need the formula
to go to the next column each time....

Paul Black

How do I set up an if statement to move to next column each time

Hi Needtoknow,

Change the References Accordingly.

=IF(A1<30,"Below 30","")

Does this Help?.
All the Best.
Paul

NeedToKnow

How do I set up an if statement to move to next column each ti

Paul,
I am trying to try send an "ALERT" if the number of enrolled students drops
below 30, I need to have a formula that will go from column A2 through Y2,
can you show me how to get a result of ALERT if the number drops below 30 on
any of those columns, and is there a way to tell me which column is below 30
within the formula? I realize this is probably really basic, but I am just
now learning excel....thanks for your help!

"Paul Black" wrote:

Hi Needtoknow,

Change the References Accordingly.

=IF(A1<30,"Below 30","")

Does this Help?.
All the Best.
Paul

Tom Ogilvy

How do I set up an if statement to move to next column each ti

=if(countif("A1:Y2","<30")0,"Alert","OK")

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(29,A2:Y2,1)),"OK",MATCH(29,A2:Y2 ,1))
This assumes there are number sin A2:Y2

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul Black" wrote:

Hi Needtoknow,

Change the References Accordingly.

=IF(A1<30,"Below 30","")

Does this Help?.
All the Best.
Paul

Paul Black

How do I set up an if statement to move to next column each ti

Hi Needtoknow,

What I would do is to Setup the ALERT in Conditional Formatting.
Highlight the Cells "A2:Y2".
Click Format.
Click Conditional Formatting.
Change the "between" to "less than".
Enter 30.
Click Format.
Change Font to Automatic & Bold and Background to Red.
This will Highlight Any of those Cells that Fall BELOW 30.

Hope this Helps.
All the Best.
Paul

sebastienm

How do I set up an if statement to move to next column each ti

Hi,
What do you mean by "send an ALERT"? email, pop-up message, display the cell
with a red background?
Also, should it show the alert when a number is entered or anytime you
request the Alerts to display?

1-Data Validation
You can use the Data Validation feeature to control the input, eg:
- select A2:Y2
- menu Data Validation, the Validation dialog pops-up
- in tab settings, enter
Allow: Decimal,
Data: AboveGreater Than or Equals To
Minimum: 30
- in the tab Input Message, enter the message to be display at data entry
time
- in tab Error Alert, the type of message if data is not valid: Stop to
force user to enter valid data, or just warning.
- click OK

2- Conditional Formating
Display a specific format depending on the value of the data
- select A2:Y2 (make sure A2 is the active cell within A2:Y2)
- menu Format Conditional Formatting, the dialog pops up
- enter:
- Cell Value is
- less than
- 30
- click the Format button and choose a red background
- click ok
click ok
Now the cells with avalue lower than 30 will display with red background.

Regards,
Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com

"Paul Black" wrote:

Hi Needtoknow,

Change the References Accordingly.

=IF(A1<30,"Below 30","")

Does this Help?.
All the Best.
Paul

NeedToKnow

How do I set up an if statement to move to next column each ti

Sebastienm,

Thanks for your answer, it would be awsome if I could get it to send an
email, but for sure I am goinng to display the cell with a red background.
Can you tell me how to get it to generate an email? Thanks again!

Data: AboveGreater Than or Equals To
Minimum: 30

"Paul Black" wrote:

Hi Needtoknow,

Change the References Accordingly.

=IF(A1<30,"Below 30","")

Does this Help?.
All the Best.
Paul

sebastienm

How do I set up an if statement to move to next column each ti

Not sure about emailing someting else than the book itself.
Check at :