Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Grouping several macros into one scrollable menu

Hello,

I currently have around 50 macros that I need to run on a regular
basis. At the moment I have them all on a toolbar, but I am sure you
can understand this has become rather messy and untidy.

What I would love is some sort of menu with a scrolling feature, so
that I can have the macros listed and be able to identify the macros
much quicker. This would also mean they are kept in a much tidier
fashion - is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Darren

--
DGillham
DGillham's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13707

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel already gives you a menu.

ToolsMacroMacros...

--

HTH

RP

"DGillham" wrote in
message ...

Hello,

I currently have around 50 macros that I need to run on a regular
basis. At the moment I have them all on a toolbar, but I am sure you
can understand this has become rather messy and untidy.

What I would love is some sort of menu with a scrolling feature, so
that I can have the macros listed and be able to identify the macros
much quicker. This would also mean they are kept in a much tidier
fashion - is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Darren

--
DGillham
DGillham's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398980

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, but I was wondering if it were possible to create my own menu.
Reason being, my Macros are in the Personal file so each Macro start
PERSONAL.XLS!ConversionMacroXXX where X is the name of a company an
as such it looks quite a mess! On the toolbar I constructed I have
button linked to the macro, and each button is simply named as th
company which makes it easier for my colleagues to use - any ideas

--
DGillha
DGillham's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1370

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is one I prepared earlier :-)

Sub addMacromenu()

With Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("Tools")
On Error Resume Next
.Controls("MacroList").Delete
On Error GoTo 0
With .Controls.add(temporary:=True, Type:=msoControlDropdown)
.BeginGroup = True
.Caption = "MacroList"
.AddItem "Macro1"
.AddItem "Macro2"
.AddItem "Macro3"
.AddItem "Macro4"
.AddItem "Macro5"
.OnAction = "RunMacro"
.ListIndex = 0
End With
End With

End Sub

Sub RunMacro()
With Application.CommandBars.ActionControl
Application.Run .Text
.ListIndex = 0
End With

HTH

RP

"DGillham" wrote in
message ...

Thanks, but I was wondering if it were possible to create my own menu.
Reason being, my Macros are in the Personal file so each Macro starts
PERSONAL.XLS!ConversionMacroXXX where X is the name of a company and
as such it looks quite a mess! On the toolbar I constructed I have a
button linked to the macro, and each button is simply named as the
company which makes it easier for my colleagues to use - any ideas?

--
DGillham
DGillham's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398980