Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Controling 1 Office program from aother

I just want an email received date placed in an excel cell.
Below are the things I have tried.

Dim wbXL As Excel.Application

Set wbXL = Excel.Application
‘the above line works and goes through

Set wbXL = Excel.Application.Workbooks("G:\Print pdf files3.xls")
‘the above line does not work and returns Script out of range error

Set wbXL = workbooks("G:\Print pdf files3.xls")
‘the above line does not work and returns Script out of range error

For Each objMailItem In objPersonalInbox.Items

MsgBox objMailItem.Subject & " " & objMailItem.ReceivedTime
‘the above line works and returns subject and received time

wbXL.workbooks("G:\Print pdf files3.xls").sheets("Sheet1").[g2] = "PP"
‘the above line does not work and returns Script out of range error

wbXL.workbooks("G:\Print pdf files3.xls").sheets("Sheet1").[g2] =
objMailItem.ReceivedTime
‘the above line does not work and returns Script out of range error
Next

I don’t care if I need to use a variable to do this with and then
dump the value in to excel
But I can’t get that to work either.
Can any one help?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You genelm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Gene

you may try

wbXL.Sheets("Sheet1").[g2] = "PP"
‘the above line does not work and returns Script out of range error

wbXL.Sheets("Sheet1").[g2] = objMailItem.ReceivedTime

Regards ,
michel

--
michelxld
michelxld's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17367

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

'Try something like this...
'--------------------------
Dim xlApp As Excel.Application
Dim WB As Excel.Workbook
Dim WS As Excel.Worksheet

Set xlApp = New Excel.Application
Set WB = xlApp.Workbooks.Open("G:\Print pdf files3.xls")
Set WS = WB.Sheets(1)

WS.Range("G2").Value = "PP...."

WB.Close savechanges:=True
Set WS = Nothing
Set WB = Nothing
xlApp.Quit
Set xlApp = Nothing
'---------------------

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Gene" wrote in message
.com...
I just want an email received date placed in an excel cell.
Below are the things I have tried.

Dim wbXL As Excel.Application

Set wbXL = Excel.Application
‘the above line works and goes through

Set wbXL = Excel.Application.Workbooks("G:\Print pdf files3.xls")
‘the above line does not work and returns Script out of range error
Set wbXL = workbooks("G:\Print pdf files3.xls")
‘the above line does not work and returns Script out of range error
For Each objMailItem In objPersonalInbox.Items
MsgBox objMailItem.Subject & " " & objMailItem.ReceivedTime
‘the above line works and returns subject and received time
wbXL.workbooks("G:\Print pdf files3.xls").sheets("Sheet1").[g2] = "PP"
‘the above line does not work and returns Script out of range error
wbXL.workbooks("G:\Print pdf files3.xls").sheets("Sheet1").[g2] = bjMailItem.ReceivedTime