Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I get Office to activate a command in a non Office program

I'd like to use Excel or another Office program to activate an import link in
a cash register program called "Registerlink" by Royal Business Machines. I
can leave the computer on and both programs open but would like to
synchronize data in the middle of the night when the computer and register
are unattended. So far, someone has to physically click the "Synchronize"
button on the "Registerlink" program.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Terry,

The only way I can think of doing this is by using the SendKeys
function in a scheduled macro. But this requires that this
"Registerlink" functionality can be called by a keyboard shortcut (such
as ALT + <Character). It would also be a possible solution if the
"Registerlink" button has the focus per default, ie if you hit Enter in
this program it is this button that gets pressed.

Regards,
Steve
www.stkomp.com