Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot table to launch Macro

Howdie,

When a user makes a selection from the top left piece (Called the "page
Field" section) of the pivot table, it changes the contents of pivot
table (as per normal)

I am having spacing problems - ie I wrap text and then align top, set
column width of the contents of the pivot table, BUT when you change an
entry in the page field section it resets the format of the contents of
the piviot table. I have written a basic macro that fixes the content
of the table, but how do I tell Excel to run this macro each time the
pivot table changes?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Darin,

have you tried right-clicking in the pivot table and un-ticking 'autoformat
table'? it sounds as though this would do the same thing without the need
for vba.

Tim

"Darin Kramer" wrote in message
Howdie,

When a user makes a selection from the top left piece (Called the "page
Field" section) of the pivot table, it changes the contents of pivot
table (as per normal)

I am having spacing problems - ie I wrap text and then align top, set
column width of the contents of the pivot table, BUT when you change an
entry in the page field section it resets the format of the contents of
the piviot table. I have written a basic macro that fixes the content
of the table, but how do I tell Excel to run this macro each time the
pivot table changes?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim,

I tried that - I also tried unchecking the "Preserve format" option -
but did not work...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Darin Kramer" wrote in message
Hi Tim,

I tried that - I also tried unchecking the "Preserve format" option -
but did not work...

The Preserve Format option can preserve certain formats when the table is
refreshed, but not others. For example cell borders and conditional
formatting is lost no matter what.

--
Peter Aitken