Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default auto-launch a MACRO?

Can I automatically run a macro when the file is opened?
If so, how? Also, if so, would I ever be able to disable
the macro?

d-cubed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See Chip Pearson his page about events

If you press the Shift key when you open a workbook the macro's will not run

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"d-cubed" wrote in message ...
Can I automatically run a macro when the file is opened?
If so, how? Also, if so, would I ever be able to disable
the macro?

d-cubed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the tip, it sounds like it will work!

I guess my knowledge is a bit limited - how do I "put it
in the Workbook_Open event"?

dan

Can I automatically run a macro when the file is

opened?
If so, how? Also, if so, would I ever be able to

disable
the macro?

Yes, put it in the WorkBook_Open event. To disable it,

remove it or turn
it into a comment.

Beto
Reply: Erase between the dot (inclusive) and the @.
Responder: Borra la frase obvia y el punto previo.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

d-cubed wrote:

Thanks for the tip, it sounds like it will work!

I guess my knowledge is a bit limited - how do I "put it
in the Workbook_Open event"?

Go to the Visual Basic Editor and on the left on the projects window,
press twice over ThisWorkbook, then on the Combobox on top of the
window, change General for Workbook. The "Private Sub Workbook_Open"
should appear all by itself. Now add the code or call the procedure in
there.

Beto