Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copying from word and pasting into excel

I'm trying to create code for excel that will allow me to open
series of word documents, copy certain rows from tables in thos
docs, and paste them into the excel worksheet

I know how to open word from excel, but my knowledge ends there...

Can someone please help me, by explaining how to open a word doc, cop
a table/row, and paste it into excel

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello

I hope this macro helps you

Sub importValuesFromWordTables()
'test with Excel2002
'Activate Microsoft Word xx.x Object Library
'
Dim WordApp As Word.Application
Dim WordDoc As Word.Document

Set WordApp = CreateObject("word.application") 'open Word session
WordApp.Visible = False 'Word not visisble during operation
Set WordDoc = WordApp.Documents.Open("C:\myDoc.doc") 'open Word doc

'copy third row of the first Word table
WordDoc.Tables(1).Rows(3).Range.Copy

'paste in Excel
Range("A1").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues