Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel - Word: Problems copying/pasting shapes

I typically use Excel to do flowcharts and other diagrams, but I often
want to publish them in Word documents. The problem is, if I set the
formatting of the autoshapes in Excel (text alignment, font size, etc),
then it's all lost when I paste it into Word.

Here's a simple, example VBA segment - nothing special.

Sub CopyDrawingToWord(ByRef doc As Word.Document)

ActiveSheet.Shapes.SelectAll
Selection.Copy
doc.Range(Start:=0, End:=0).Paste

End Sub

Does anyone know how to paste shapes into Excel and retain their
formatting?

P.S. I can figure out how to iterate through the shapes in Word after
the Paste operation and reformat them, but I'm just looking for an
easier solution. Also, just using the standard method of copy/paste
with the mouse or keyword does the same thing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does anyone know how to paste shapes into Excel and retain their
formatting?

Sorry, that should read:

Does anyone know how to paste shapes into == Word <== and retain their
formatting?