Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KC KC is offline

Default Copying a doc from Excel and pasting it into Word.

I have a 2 page doc in Word. When I paste the excel spreadsheet to page 2, it
doesn't fit. I have tried MS help. I still need help.
Thanks.
--
KEN
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi KC,

When you paste an object such as an Excel workbook into Word, Word will only display as much as will fit onto a single page in Word,
regardless of how the workbook is configured in Excel.

You can, of course, reduce the object's scaling so that more of it will fit - you can increase the # of rows/columns by opening the
embedded object then dragging the handles at the sides/top/bottom.

If that's not what you want, you can make a copy of the embedded object, open it, scroll to the (next) area you want to display,
then exit the object.

--
Cheers
macropod

"KC" wrote in message ...
I have a 2 page doc in Word. When I paste the excel spreadsheet to page 2, it
doesn't fit. I have tried MS help. I still need help.
Thanks.
--
KEN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

You can paste an Excel selection into Word using

1. Paste
2. Paste Special, Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object
3. Paste Special, Formatted Text
4. Paste Special, Unformatted Text
5. Paste Special, Picture (Windows Metafile)
6. Paste Special, Bitmap
7. Paste Special, Picture (Enhanced Metafile)
8. Paste Special, HTML
9. Paste Special, Unformatted Unicode Text
10. Paste Special, Paste Llink, ... (with the same options as above).

What method are you using?

And when you copy from Excel are you copying the file, or a range. Are you
using the Copy command, the Camera tool, or the Copy Picture command?

Consider for example is you copy an Excel 2007 workbook with 1,048,000 rows
and 16,376 columns, you can't expect to see the whole thing in Word, you can
even see that much in Excel at one time.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire