Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Restore a deleted Excel Workbook?

by accident, a workbook has been deleted from my C Drive and also cleared
from the Recycle bin.

Is there any way to restore this from the "guts" of the computer?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Ian is offline

Your only chance may be a professional data recovery company, assuming the
area on the hard drive hasn't been overwritten. You won't know that till
they try, by which time you will have run up a bill!

--
Ian
--
"Ashby" wrote in message
by accident, a workbook has been deleted from my C Drive and also cleared
from the Recycle bin.

Is there any way to restore this from the "guts" of the computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lots of options if you look on google...
Depends on how much it's worth to get it back. If it took more than a
couple of hours then you should spring for some software (assuming it
works...)

Tim

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Ashby" wrote in message
by accident, a workbook has been deleted from my C Drive and also cleared
from the Recycle bin.

Is there any way to restore this from the "guts" of the computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't expect to consistently be able to recover a deleted file.
I don't know what additional consequences you have by first moving to
Recycle Bin and then deleting because I don't know if files are renamed there.

For NTFS files try here and proceed to the utility's site.
FreeUndelete v1.0
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...5,tk,lg,00.asp

For other files
PC INSPECTOR File Recovery
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm

Some links to others
Disk Utilities - backup, recovery, status (#refUtil)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm#refUtil

---
HTH,

"Ashby" wrote in message
by accident, a workbook has been deleted from my C Drive and also cleared
from the Recycle bin.

Is there any way to restore this from the "guts" of the computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ashby,
I know FileScavenger works well:
http://www.quetek.com

The demo version can retrieve files if they are less than 64K(?) in size.
Otherwise you need to pay, US$40 or so. Worth it.

NickHK