Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to make Dropdown box Jumpup

I have a dropdox box at the bottom of a very large userform that takes up my
whole screen. When I engage the drop down box, the menu disappears below my
screen. Is there a property I can change in the properties window which will
give me the option of have the menue jump up insteda of drop down. I want to
be able to see the options.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi ExcelMonkey,

Is there a property I can change in the properties window which will
give me the option of have the menue jump up insteda of drop down.

Not to my knowledge.

Why not change the ListRows property to (say) 1. The user can then scroll
though the list.

---
Regards,
Norman

"ExcelMonkey" wrote in message
I have a dropdox box at the bottom of a very large userform that takes up
my
whole screen. When I engage the drop down box, the menu disappears below
my
screen. Is there a property I can change in the properties window which
will
give me the option of have the menue jump up insteda of drop down. I want
be able to see the options.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Toppers,

In XL2003 a combobox(on my testing) automatically "jumps up" if they are
at
the bottom of the (full screen) userform.

For me too - on checking!

---
Regards,
Norman

"ExcelMonkey" wrote:

I have a dropdox box at the bottom of a very large userform that takes up
my
whole screen. When I engage the drop down box, the menu disappears below
my
screen. Is there a property I can change in the properties window which
will
give me the option of have the menue jump up insteda of drop down. I
want to
be able to see the options.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps you could use the DropButtonClick event procedure to change the
position (i.e., the .Top) of the combobox - this would have the effect of
making it "jump up."
Basic code (set TopHigh and TopLow according to your needs):
Private Sub ComboBox1_DropButtonClick()
Static CBJump As Boolean

CBJump = Not (CBJump)
If CBJump Then ComboBox1.Top = TopHigh Else ComboBox1.Top = TopLow

- K Dales