Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to make a dropdown look up box

How do I create a cell as a dropdownlookup box?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

what i usually do, is somewhere off the actual area of the sheet, i create a
list.

so, over in z1, for example i enter January, z2 February, z3 March...and so
on

then, wherever you want the dropdown, let's say c1, click on c1, on the menu
select data and then validation.
click list from the allow dropdown and in the source, enter =$Z$1:$Z$12 or
click the little icon to the right of the entry box and select the cells
manually.
click ok.

then i usually hide the column i have the list in. others may do it
differently

--

Gary

"Man Utd" wrote in message
How do I create a cell as a dropdownlookup box?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your answer.
I got a complicated problem to me, as I am very new to Excel !

I need 2 columns have dropdownbox.
The first dropdownbox displays the groups of people like manager, driver,
secretary, cleaner..
The second dropdownbox displays the names of that group selected in the
first dropdownbox.
So if I selected the manager in the first dropdownbox, in the second
dropdownbox will be filled up with the names of the manager grade.

What would you suggest I can do ?