Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Just a few questions...

I'm kinda new to programming (did a fair bit of HTML many years ago....
) and would like to learn a bit of Visual Basic which would help with
some of the projects I'm trying to do at work. I think that maybe I'm
being a bit ambitious, but would appreciate any help with a few
questions!

The first one is sales related which will record things like
name/address, products required and card details. This form is then
printed off and the details that were input to the form then need to be
saved to a seperate workbook (for auditing purposes).
- Will the printed version of the form appear the same as form the
person inputs to, or can a more aesthetic version be created?
- When the data is transferred to the workbook, does the file have to
be open or can it remain 'closed' in a shared directory?
- If the above is possible, can more than one person post to the same
file?

The next one's a bit easier! Can you recommend any Visual Basic (for
use in Excel) books?? - Preferably ones available in the UK.

Thanks for your help, :)

Nick

--
NickNick
NickNick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25520

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try using Outlook as your address manager.....

There are several books on VBA try searching :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/
search term: Excel VBA

--
Cheers
Nigel

"NickNick" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply Nigel but that's not quite what I'm looking for...

The information we collect and kept is:
- Name of person taking the call, date, time, department to receive th
order.
- Customer's name, address, contact number, credit/debit card type
card number, expiry date.
- Details of tickets required (including number of adults, children
dates they are required for and the cost; any reservations with dates
times, seat numbers and resevation references.

I've already had a look at Amazon and I don't find it particularl
helpful when coming to selecting reference books...

Nic

--
NickNic
NickNick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2552

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Books:
http://j-walk.com/ss/books/bookxl19.htm
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...779537-9426463

Tim

"NickNick"
wrote in message

[...]

View this thread:

Answers to questions posing more questions in a workbook sbelle1 Excel Worksheet Functions 2 August 8th 09 01:02 AM
View Questions and Answer to questions I created Roibn Taylor Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 24th 08 12:05 AM
Two Questions mark Excel Programming 2 August 25th 04 05:38 AM
Two Questions. Tom Ogilvy Excel Programming 1 July 28th 04 02:40 PM
2 Questions ? Michael168[_43_] Excel Programming 1 October 31st 03 01:57 PM