Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default working Excel worksheet on the astive DESKTOP

is it possible to have an working sheet model of excel workboot sheet to be
displayed on the deaktop. if not possible, can i have a icon placed on the
desktop that opens the workbook files but the original file path is actually
hidden or hard to traced by others. the files of course and be used by all
but not edited/reconfigured.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
moi moi is offline

U can create a shortcut in hex, like
http://%77%77%77%2E%6D%69%63%72%6F%7...2E%63%6F%6 D/ (same works for
file://bla.xls/) which is quite hard to decipher for the average user, but
if a smartass clicks on it and opens the file, he'll know the path anyway.
Can't you just password protect it?

"Colin2u" schreef in bericht