Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My desktop worksheet shortcut will not open the Excel Worksheet

How do I get my desktop shortcut for my worksheets to open properly in Excel.
When I try and open them, it brings me to the Excel page where I can only
open or create a new document or select print area. When I get to that page,
I have to go to file - open, then choose the worksheet to open. How do I
fix this?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To open ONE workbook, put a short cut to that file (not to Excel). Whn you
click it the workbook will open
To open more than one: read help about WORKSPACE and put a shortcut to the
workspace file on the desk top

best wishes
Bernard Liengme

"Steve09" wrote in message
How do I get my desktop shortcut for my worksheets to open properly in
Excel.
When I try and open them, it brings me to the Excel page where I can only
open or create a new document or select print area. When I get to that
page,
I have to go to file - open, then choose the worksheet to open. How do I
fix this?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the usual fix for this.

ToolsOptionsGeneral Uncheck "Ignore Other Applications etc."

In 2007 that would be ButtonExcel OptionsAdvancedGeneral

If no joy with that................

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.

In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes
required)OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP