Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Closing and Saving

Am using Excel 2003. Want to stop users exiting or saving my spreadsheet
unless the total on one sheet = total on other sheet.

How can this be done?

Any help gratefully received
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline

Hi Adam,

You could use the BeforeSave and BeforeClose events of ThisWorkbook, e.g.:

Cancel = (Me.Sheets(1).Cells(1, 1) = _
Me.Sheets(2).Cells(1, 1))
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, _
Cancel As Boolean)
Cancel = (Me.Sheets(1).Cells(1, 1) = _
Me.Sheets(2).Cells(1, 1))

KL

"Adam Harding" wrote in message
Am using Excel 2003. Want to stop users exiting or saving my spreadsheet
unless the total on one sheet = total on other sheet.

How can this be done?

Any help gratefully received

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Adam,

In the workbook's ThisWorkbook module (not in a standard module) paste
something like:

If Sheets(1).Range("A1").Value < _
Sheets(2).Range("A1").Value Then
Cancel = True
MsgBox "Your meaage to user"

Boolean)

If Sheets(1).Range("A1").Value < _
Sheets(2).Range("A1").Value Then
Cancel = True
MsgBox "Your meaage to user"

Change the condition to suit your requirements and change the msgbox to
something as inoffensively informative as possible.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Adam Harding" wrote in message
Am using Excel 2003. Want to stop users exiting or saving my spreadsheet
unless the total on one sheet = total on other sheet.

How can this be done?

Any help gratefully received

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline

opps! change the sign in the equation:

Cancel = (Me.Sheets(1).Cells(1, 1) < _
Me.Sheets(2).Cells(1, 1))

KL

"KL" wrote in message
Hi Adam,

You could use the BeforeSave and BeforeClose events of ThisWorkbook, e.g.:

Cancel = (Me.Sheets(1).Cells(1, 1) = _
Me.Sheets(2).Cells(1, 1))
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, _
Cancel As Boolean)
Cancel = (Me.Sheets(1).Cells(1, 1) = _
Me.Sheets(2).Cells(1, 1))

KL

"Adam Harding" wrote in message
Am using Excel 2003. Want to stop users exiting or saving my spreadsheet
unless the total on one sheet = total on other sheet.

How can this be done?

Any help gratefully received

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline

Hi Adam,

Have you changed the sheet ID's in Norman's or my code to the relevant ones?
E.g. Sheets(1) to Sheets("Sheet23")

Regards,