Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
erf erf is offline

Default Saving and closing

every time I close it (X out) the worksheet, the blue excel
box pops up asking me if I want to save changes - even if I made none.
Other workbooks I can close with out any box popping up when i just look at
them.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Do you have any volatile formulae in the workbook, such as =TODAY(), =NOW()?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"erf" wrote in message
every time I close it (X out) the worksheet, the blue excel
box pops up asking me if I want to save changes - even if I made none.
Other workbooks I can close with out any box popping up when i just look
at
them.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

That is why then, Excel will recalculate those when the workbook is opened,
so it becomes dirty, hence you are asked if you want to save it.

--
HTH

Bob

"erf" wrote in message