Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open file without macros

I have a file that I save in .xlt format to make it available for other users
to view easily on our intranet. I would like to add some macros behind the
scences to help me update the file easily. Is there a way to save the file
for other users that will disable the macros from running and not give the
msg box when opening the file asking you to enable or disable macros?

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i'm not sure about putting the actual coding itself but you can export
(file/export)your macro on your hard drive somewhere and then delete
the macro from the xl save file. However, you need to open the macro
everytime you open the file but others cannot use the macro since they
don't access to it

hope that helps

--
narutard
narutard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25111

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Similar to Bob Phillip's suggestion about personal.xls, put the macros
in a separate workbook. For example, if your template is called "our
template.xlt" create another workbook "our template maintenance
macros.xls" and put the macros in there. Put both the files in some
folder and it will be obvious what files go with what other files.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,