Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default Open file without macros

Similar to Bob Phillip's suggestion about personal.xls, put the macros
in a separate workbook. For example, if your template is called "our
template.xlt" create another workbook "our template maintenance
macros.xls" and put the macros in there. Put both the files in some
folder and it will be obvious what files go with what other files.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I have a file that I save in .xlt format to make it available for other users
to view easily on our intranet. I would like to add some macros behind the
scences to help me update the file easily. Is there a way to save the file
for other users that will disable the macros from running and not give the
msg box when opening the file asking you to enable or disable macros?

Thanks for the help.