Posted to microsoft.public.vb.com,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop

Default Can Excel 97 be controlled from VB.NET

I have discovered that Excel 97 VBA does not support the IDTExtensibility2
interface. But passing "Me" as a parameter from Excel 97 VBA as an
Excel.Application to a COM Add-in created from VB.NET, I have been able to
give control of the calling instance of Excel 97 to the VB.NET project.

I have only very superficially tested this out by viewing the contents of
objects in debug-mode and dumping out some values in MsgBoxes, so if anyone
can save me trouble pursuing this approach if is destined to lead to failure,
I would be greatly appreciative of it for saving me a lot of wasted time
experimenting around.

Thanks in advance

|\|.
Posted to microsoft.public.vb.com,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop

See my answer to your other post.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm